Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Glasses? never, I can see just fine!

I took the plunge and had my eyes tested 2 weeks ago- for it got to the point I couldn't vaguely make out what it says on the board in classes and I was beginning to squint at street signs and bus numbers. It was truly a traumatic experience for me though, as I in no possible way suit glasses or want to have a pair. After the eye test- where they blind you with a horrible light trying to take a photo of your eye- I was taken round the store with the sales assistant to try on frames. I did warn him. I hated every pair. There was one or two which looked slightly better on so I came back a week later, slightly less traumatized, to pick one out. They were finally ready yesterday for me to take home and wow, I had no idea just how clear everything looks with glasses! But I still look very unsightly with them on, I spent the night in my bed with several budweisers, biscuits and the Twilight saga: Eclipse on the TV to drown my sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment