Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer jobs

It's that time of year again which seems to lead me back to the same job from the previous summer...and the one before that..etc. My friends mum owns a cafe in the city centre and it's probably the most laid back job i've ever had plus I get fed which is fantastic. They get massively busy over the Edinburgh fringe festival, so we'll be packed out with tourists as usual. They always ask the same questions: what is haggis, what is irn bru and where is the castle/royal mile? I don't blame them, if it were me i'd probably be asking a million questions too, but it does get a bit tiresome pointing people in direction of the castle when it is actually facing them.
I am quite looking forward to September for university to start, just so i'm not faffing around with 3 jobs (the one mentioned above plus part time in a pub 5 minutes from my flat and a care home where i'm called in when they need shifts covered.) So i've got another fun 6 weeks of not much social life- go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment