Thursday, July 28, 2011

Paris-bound

Looking outside my window at the rainy Scottish weather, I can't help but wish I was somewhere else. Me, who has never been out of Britain, is about to get my first passport and I'm hopping with excitement at all the places I want to go. My first trip abroad is going to be on a very tight budget but I have already found a cheap place to stay- with a hostel chain that I have used before and a budget airline to get us there. I informed my fiancee that we are going to Paris for the weekend in February but I don't think he realised I was being serious- I've bought a guidebook and everything. France is not that far away for my first excursion out of the country, plus i've always liked the idea of seeing Paris. I decided February because who goes on holiday then? Plus it's my least favourite month of the year and this should brighten it up- not to mention the weather over here at that time of year.

On a different subject, I'm using google chrome now and it's constantly telling me that I am spelling words like "realised" wrong when i'm not. It wants me to put a "z" instead of a "s". American spelling?

No comments:

Post a Comment