Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daft anecedotes

People can be very strange. I was once on a bus going to the supermarket. I stood up to get off and in front of me there was a woman with a baby and a small toddler. Suddenly, she turns around to face me- a complete stranger- to ask if I could hold the baby while she unfolded the pushchair. She thrust it towards me before I even had a chance to answer. Stunned, I took a hold of the baby. The woman turned away and fussed around with the buggy. I had to actually step off the bus holding the baby and stand there until she got sorted out. I mean, why on earth would you hand your baby to a stranger on a bus?! I mean you get all sorts on buses don't you? I could have been some psycho who would have ran off with the baby for all she knew. Except I'm not. Obviously. Later we came up with another scenario. She could have been the psycho- trying to get rid of the baby- and could have waited for me to get off the bus with the baby and then jumped back on and drove off. Then I would have been stuck with a random baby. Imagne that situation- what on earth would you do? call the police? Social workers? The baby can't exactly tell you it's name and address.

Thank god that didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment