Saturday, June 11, 2011

what would you do if a waitress dropped mustard on you in a restaurant?

I think last night was the first shift I didn't drop, smash or knock something over. Remind me how I got a waitressing job again? Just the other week I dropped mustard on a customer (no sorry, guest as we're supposed to call them..) Luckily he saw the funny side- I told him I had to drop at least one thing during the day and at least it wasn't an entire plate of hot food or something. Plus I apolagised profusely. Another time I knocked over an entire tray of coffees, it went everywhere- all over the customers, the table and the floor. Mortifying! In one job I accidently set a tea towel on fire. I kinda stood there thinking, "shit", which was the moment my boss chose to walk through the door... But seriously I shouldn't ever be allowed in a kitchen. A couple of months ago I set pasta on fire. I had put it on to cook and gone back to my room to freak out about my coursework. Two hours later my flatmate banged on my door in a panic saying the kitchen almost went on fire. I ran through and the room was filled with thick, black smoke- needless to say I had to make a few sheepish apolagises.

Today has been very productive. I got up at 12, hung around eating toast and drinking tea and watched breakfast at tiffanys for the first time- seeing as it's pissing it down with rain outside. (WHERE is the summer I ask?! I've bought sunglasses and everything!) So here's me trying to expand my film knowledge seeing as Breakfast at tiffanys is meant to be a classic and all that. I can't believe how glamourous it is- hollywood must have been so different back then. I kinda lost track though and only watched it halfway through and now I'm watching Valentines day again...Don't judge. I guess I'd better go and "cook" some dinner though so I can get myself down to the pub for my boyfriend's dad's birthday- weirdly his is the day after my own dad's birthday. But yeah, i'm just hoping there won't be any random family members I haven't met yet- I get all nervous and freak out about what to say. Anyway, happy Saturday and if anybody has any suggestions about a film I should see and may actually watch then let me know. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment