Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh, the joys of student life

I know it's such a cliche to moan about being a skint student...but hey it's true. Its that time of year when term is nearly finished and I'm free for the summer. (except I'm not really, with having a job and all) Everyone seems to be feeling the tension; people were bursting into tears left, right and center last week, including the lecturer. And there was me thinking that everything was going smoothly: I have a job, don't need to worry about money over the summer, etc.etc...Until I spoke to my *attempts to not swear and call him names* manager about getting more hours and find that the fulltime hours I was supposed to get is no longer possible. So now I have to go back to trawling the town with my CV, sitting on the laptop all hours of the day and generally getting miserable (in other words hunting for a second job) whilst not being able to afford supernoodles (69p a packet) while there's supermarket value noodles at 10p a packet....tragic. Oh well, I'm London- bound in just under two weeks time with the girls which should cheer things up. We'll be doing all the touristy stuff considering I've never been ( that's really how under-traveled I am...I've lived in the UK my whole life for gods sake!...)

No comments:

Post a Comment